Second Lieutenant Clement John Byron. 2nd Battalion Honourable Artillery Company. Killed in action at Beaumont Hamel on 10th January 1917, aged 21. Buried Beaumont Hamel Cemetery, France.
- Admitted in to the HAC on 8th September 1914
- Native of Hackney, London
- To France on 1st October 1916
- Killed in action at Beaumont Hamel on 10th January 1917
- Aged 21
- Buried Beaumont Hamel British Cemetery, France
- Grave ref. B.34.
- Son of John and Clara Byron of “Wyefield”, The Knoll, Beckenham, Kent.
- Commemorated on Beckenham and Ringmer war memorials